Wednesday, May 27, 2015

More Manga that you should try to read

In my series of reviews I thought I can just pay attention to the manga that are out there for a bit. As I have all ready reviewed Black Bird, you have a clue of what i mean. This week I have been digging through older manga for some fun.

The first one is Eatman by Akihito Yoshitomi. This manga came out back in the late 90s and is one of the odder ones from that time. Bolt Crank is an adventurer. He goes about doing jobs for those who hire him. The biggest difference? He eats guns, bolts, nuts, pretty much anything metal. When he needs them he can then have whatever he ate pop out of his hand.

This manga series was made into an anime which is how I was first introduced into Bolt. The manga gives us more information into his back story than the series that I have seen so far. It looks like there is a fem fatale, Stella who wants to turn the world into androids. And that is part of twist to this series. Is Bolt a human or is he this Leon they keep referring to? You have to read the manga to find out.

The second one is A Fairytale for a Demon Lord. Now this is actually a Korean manga and each issue is short. The imagery is pretty striking but the tale can be confusing. Either the copies i had were not in order or the story jumps around a bit. I definitely enjoyed this one for the confusion though. I was surprised in the last couple of issues because of the twists that were thrown in. This one is great for those who like things that are not easy to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment